Tuesday, February 5, 2013


 This week, Srta. Melanie has started planning and teaching lessons for first, second and third grade. Gradually she will take over the other classes. 


From Melanie Jorgenson, Student Teacher: (jorgensonm@hawks.rockhurst.edu)



What is my child learning in Spanish class?  I’m sure this is a question many of you are asking, so I have compiled this newsletter to provide you with that information.  Below, listed by grade level, is what your students will be working on for the next few weeks:

1st Grade:
  The first graders are beginning the unit by learning food vocabulary words, starting with the words papa (potato), queso (cheese), ensalada (salad), leche (milk), pollo (chicken), pan (bread), and jugo (juice).  We will later add more words to this list.  We will also categorize foods by whether they are healthy, and learn to say whether we like or dislike them.

2nd Grade:
The 2nd graders are starting the unit by reviewing the vocabulary words used to name the parts of the human body and which parts of our bodies allow us to see, hear, smell, etc. Additionally, we will learn structures using the verb tener (to have).

3rd Grade:
  The third graders are beginning the unit by reviewing and adding names of the parts of the human body.  We will then focus on the structure of sentences in Spanish and practice writing sentences using vocabulary we know.

Srta. Melanie's Classroom Management Program:

Brownie Points


 
As I begin teaching lessons, I will be implementing a classroom management program to ensure that student behavior is on track and lessons run smoothly. 
  This week I will review my three rules: 1. Respect yourself, others, and class materials 2. Keep your name tag at the corner of your desk, and 3. Be a good listener.
  I will also be implementing a system of “brownie points”.  With this system, the class as a whole will have chances each lesson to earn a brownie point if everyone is following the rules.  



New Unit: Nos Cuidamos

My Classroom Management Program:

Brownie Points

  As I begin teaching lessons, I will be implementing a classroom management program to ensure that student behavior is on track and lessons run smoothly. 
  This week I will review my three rules: 1. Respect yourself, others, and class materials 2. Keep your nametag at the corner of your desk, and 3. Be a good listener.
  I will also be implementing a system of “brownie points”.  With this system, the class as a whole will have chances each lesson to earn a brownie point if everyone is following the rules.  When they reach a set number of points, they will earn a small reward.
February 5, 2013
1st Grade — 3rd Grade
  What is my child learning in Spanish class?  I’m sure this is a question many of you are asking, so I have compiled this newsletter to provide you with that information.  Below, listed by grade level, is what your students will be working on for the next few weeks:

1st Grade:
  The first graders are beginning the unit by learning food vocabulary words, starting with the words papa (potato), queso (cheese), ensalada (salad), leche (milk), pollo (chicken), pan (bread), and jugo (juice).  We will later add more words to this list.  We will also categorize foods by whether they are healthy,
and learn to say whether we like or dislike them.

2nd Grade:
The 2nd graders are starting the unit by learning the vocabulary words used to name the parts of the human body and which parts of our bodies allow us to see, hear, smell, etc. Additionally, we will learn structures using the verb tener (to have).

3rd Grade:
  The third graders are beginning the unit by learning the names of the parts of the human body.  We will then focus on the structure of sentences in Spanish and practice writing sentences using vocabulary we know.
New Unit:  Nos Cuidamos (We Take Care of Ourselves),
My Classroom Management Program
·          
Spanish Classroom Occurrences
By: Melanie Jorgenson,
Student Teacher
jorgensonm@hawks.rockhurst.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment