Friday, February 1, 2013

Bienvenida, Srta. Melanie Jorgenson!





January 28, 2013
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Family Members,

            Hello, my name is Melanie Jorgenson, and I am the new student teacher at St. Paul's.  For the next six weeks, I will be working with preschool through 5th grade students in the Spanish classroom under the direction of Señora Meli.  I am just beginning my second week here at St. Paul's, and though I've been mainly observing, I can already tell that I will love it here.
            I am writing this letter primarily as a means of introducing myself to you as I do not know when I will get the pleasure of meeting you in person.  Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about myself.  I am currently a senior at Rockhurst University studying Spanish and Education with the goal of becoming a Spanish teacher.  I have known that I wanted to teach from my junior year of high school when one of my teachers made a huge difference in my life.  Since then, I have been taking steps toward achieving this goal, including spending a semester each studying in Madrid, Spain, and Buenos Aires, Argentina, in order to increase my Spanish fluency and immerse myself in the cultures which pertain to this beautiful language.  Now, as I begin this, my last step toward teaching certification, I am more excited than ever to take on my role as teacher.  I am determined to make the most of this opportunity.  I want you to know that I believe in every learner's potential and cannot wait to be a part of your children's education this semester.
            Please feel free to contact me at any point in the semester with questions or concerns.  You may e-mail me on my Rockhurst account (which I check daily) at jorgensonm@hawks.rockhurst.edu .  Again, I look forward to working with your children.  Give them an extra hug tonight, as they have already proven themselves to be wonderful individuals.  Thank you for being a part of the warm, welcoming atmosphere at St. Paul's and for allowing me to work with your students.


Sincerely,

Melanie Jorgenson

No comments:

Post a Comment