Tuesday, April 24, 2012

5th Grade Market Day

On May 4th at 2:00, students in fifth grade will celebrate Mercado day in the North MPR.  Students have chosen a Spanish-speaking country and have been researching facts about it to share with you.  Your child has a script to memorize for that day. This script was written in class and I have checked it for accuracy.  I also have offered to tape an MP3 file so students will know how to pronounce the words.  I do need an email to send the MP3 file home. Some students have already given me the email and you will be receiving it this week.  Please, check with your child that he/she has given me an email by Friday, 27th if they need the MP3 file.  Videos of the presentations will also be uploaded to my blog.
Students will use a display board to guide their presentation. They have worked for the past month on their displays at school. Many of them are finished. If students have taken them home, they have to be brought back to school on May 4th so they can be displayed in the MPR during the Mercado celebration. 
Students will also be “selling” an item representative of their country during the second part of the market day.  These items are to be done completely at home. There is no need to spend too much money on them. I am asking students to bring about 20 items to sell.
Parents are invited to come at 2:00 and have fun listening to presentations and buying items during market. We have designed our own “dinero” and I will give parents pesos to spend. Students are working hard on their presentations and we are all looking forward to this fun activity!
Sra. Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment